Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world’s top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” – 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 239 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking a future team member for the 2024 BNY Mellon Summer Internship Program – Operations. This role is in Lake Mary (FL).
Summer Internship Program
BNY Mellon’s Summer Internship Program (SIP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding 10-week internship experience, as well as an inside look into what it is like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784. With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop SIP participants, our summer interns will gain valuable real-world experiences working in Operations while learning to work together in collaborative teams and building a robust network within BNY Mellon.
From day one, summer interns are immersed in BNY Mellon’s innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
- Enterprise-led intern orientation program combined with ongoing executive speaker series and virtual training curriculum designed specifically for summer interns
- Meaningful and challenging work assignments that deliver learning and skill development through practical work, mentorship, and training
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including internship managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager
- Exposure to different areas of business
- Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training, along with technical and business acumen development
- Understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative and supportive community with full commitment of top-level management to deliver a premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
Operations interns work on projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop participants. Interns will gain valuable real-world experiences working in a select function which supports every stage of the client investment lifecycle, including account creation, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing, and restructuring assets.
Operations is the heart of BNY Mellon’s efforts to improve client service and operational efficiency. Select functions, interns can be placed in are:
- Provides global solutions tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs to help enhance the management, administration, and oversight of their entire investment
- Provides global financial solutions to advisors, asset managers, broker-dealers, family offices, fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers. Pershing acts as clearing broker under a written agreement with your financial organization.
- Enterprise-wide Operational Utilities carefully plans, builds and optimizes standard capabilities and platforms that are scalable, cost efficient, and reflect our firm’s commitment to the client experience. The functions span the client life cycle, from Know Your Customer (KYC) processes, Contracts to Client Activation, Account Opening & Maintenance, Tax, & Revenue and Billing Services. To deliver at scale, the Utilities functions harness innovative technologies and foster a data-centric operating model.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
- Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors preferred; however open to all majors with an individual interested in the financial services industry
- Rising senior during summer 2024, graduating in December 2024 through August 2025
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN – 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
- Forbes Blockchain 50
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.