Website Alliance Bernstein
AllianceBernstein Holding L.P. is a global asset management firm providing investment management and research services worldwide to institutional, high-net-worth and retail investors.
Portfolio Implementation Associate
The Portfolio Management Group (“PMG”) is responsible for portfolio implementation and supports the global portfolio management teams by implementing portfolio decisions, and serving as the contact point with the trading desks, operations and sales teams. Functions may include portfolio construction, monitoring asset exposures and allocations, managing client specific requests, tax management, monitoring pre-trade client guideline compliance and exception resolution. Portfolio Implementation Associates initiate trades, and monitor the portfolios on an ongoing basis. Portfolio Implementation Associates develop a deep understanding of AB’s investment products and operational policies and procedures. The Portfolio Implementation Associate will be placed in either the Private Client or Equity portfolio management group.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
· Implementing investment decisions for individual equity accounts
· Day to day monitoring of portfolio positioning, trade executions, cash management and compliance with client guidelines
· Addressing client requests and managing events throughout the client’s lifecycle, such as cash flows, transitions, and account openings and closings
· Liaising with other departments internally, including Senior Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Legal/Compliance, Sales/Marketing, Trading and Investment Operations/Accounting
· Project-based initiatives related to trade implementation product design and process improvement.
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
· An interest in the financial markets, industry regulations and portfolio management
· Detail-oriented with strong quantitative and analytical skills that can be leveraged to evaluate portfolios
· The ability to prioritize, multitask and work effectively with a team in a deadline-driven environment
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with teams throughout the organization
· An ability to think holistically, understand end-to-end processes and reconsider the status quo
· A proactive and inquisitive approach toward new challenges and problem-solving
Candidates should be top academic performers, be interested in the investment management industry and meet the following criteria:
· December 2021, May 2022, or June 2022 Bachelor’s degree candidates in business, finance, economics, math, computer science, engineering, or liberal arts
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
· Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship (now or in the future)
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· In particular, candidates should possess strong verbal and written communication skills coupled with the confidence to thoughtfully assert his/her ideas with a broad audience
· Detail-oriented, ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
Location: Nashville, TN
Candidates will be placed in one of the following groups:
Equity Portfolio Management Group
Equity PMG will allow the associate to gain exposure as to how investment managers get their equity, currency and derivative investment ideas implemented. The Associate will work on day to day tasks as well as project work to improve the effectiveness of portfolio management techniques and to experience how both quantitative and fundamental research is used in the context of managing equity mandates.
Private Client Portfolio Management Group
Private Client PMG supports the implementation of our private client accounts. The associate will gain an understanding of private wealth management and the customization we provide our clients to meet their financial goals such as tax aware investing and wealth planning.
As a leading global investment management firm, AB fosters diverse perspectives and embraces innovation to help our clients navigate the uncertainty of capital markets. Through high-quality research and diversified investment services, we serve institutions, individuals and private wealth clients in major markets worldwide. Our ambition is simple: to be our clients’ most valued asset-management partner.
With over 3,700 employees across 51 locations in 25 countries, our people are our advantage. We foster a culture of intellectual curiosity and collaboration to create an environment where everyone can thrive and do their best work. Whether you’re producing thought-provoking research, identifying compelling investment opportunities, infusing new technologies into our business or providing thoughtful advice to clients, we’re looking for unique voices to help lead us forward. If you’re ready to challenge your limits and build your future, join us.
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.
total views = int(425)