Software Development Summer Internship
We established the Technology & Operations Program (TOP) in 2000 to develop our next generation of leaders. As a summer intern, you will work closely with a team and support them in various aspects of their work, including projects with the potential for significant business impact. This is a 10-week internship for college juniors and first-year master students. Interns with excellent performance can receive a full-time offer at the end of the internship!
Your project will require you to learn a new or expand an existing skill set and knowledge base, and/or complete a project that is critical to the success of the group, department or firm. During the program, you will be matched with two mentors who will help with your assimilation into the firm and provide career advice. Upon successful completion of your internship project, you will have the opportunity to present to a committee of senior Operations & Technology executives. Throughout the program, Interns will meet with program leaders to review available career paths and opportunities.
The Technology and Operations Associate Program will provide you a network of current TOP associates and those who have already graduated from the program. You will work closely with the TOP Associate Program Manager and Coordinator during the duration of your internship program. They will provide you the support you need to have the best experience possible.
Software development teams support a vast range of investment and financial platforms, including equities, fixed income, sales, trading, multi-asset solutions, private client, research, corporate finance, data management, and more. As a summer Intern, you will be part of a software development team, implementing functional and technical specifications provided by business analysts and development managers. You will learn both the functional and technical aspects of an application in addition to the languages and frameworks used for construction. Software development internships involve hands-on learning, supported by team members, project managers, and formal technology training. Developers use just about every programming language at AllianceBernstein, so Interns will learn and apply a broad range of technical skills throughout the summer
The Program will expose the Intern to various functional areas within Software Developer, such as:
· Developing an analytics and pricing engine for mortgage-backed securities
· Implementing new quantitative models and enhancement of the portfolio management process
· Developing a system to identify trading opportunities based on new strategies
· Building a bond recommendation engine
· Automating trade processes to reduce risk and maximize efficiency
We’re looking for candidates who demonstrate academic excellence, innovation, leadership potential, technical ability and a passion for learning our business. Candidates will possess the following qualifications:
· December 2022 or May/June 2023 Bachelor’s or master’s degree candidates in computer science or related fields
· Interest in working with a variety of technologies, including sophisticated web services, Java applications and C++ servers
· Strong computer programming skills
· Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving abilities along with a “can-do” attitude
· Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced team-oriented environment
· Candidates must be available to work full-time in June 2022 for 10 weeks
· The potential to receive an offer for our full-time program at the end of your internship!
· Highly competitive salary
· First-hand training and experience with innovative technologies through our apprenticeship model
· Extensive technical and business training opportunities
· Engage with senior leaders through networking events, coffee chats and lunch & learn sessions
· Formal mentorship program
· 1 on 1 career planning and development sessions
· Opportunity to join multiple employee resource and wellness groups to connect you with colleagues across the firm
As a leading global investment management firm, AB fosters diverse perspectives and embraces innovation to help our clients navigate the uncertainty of capital markets. Through high-quality research and diversified investment services, we serve institutions, individuals and private wealth clients in major markets worldwide. Our ambition is simple: to be our clients’ most valued asset-management partner.
With over 3,700 employees across 51 locations in 25 countries, our people are our advantage. We foster a culture of intellectual curiosity and collaboration to create an environment where everyone can thrive and do their best work. Whether you’re producing thought-provoking research, identifying compelling investment opportunities, infusing new technologies into our business or providing thoughtful advice to clients, we’re looking for unique voices to help lead us forward. If you’re ready to challenge your limits and build your future, join us.
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.