Website Alliance Bernstein
AllianceBernstein Holding L.P. is a global asset management firm providing investment management and research services worldwide to institutional, high-net-worth and retail investors.
Business Analyst Associate
We established the Technology & Operations Associate Program (TOP) in 2000 to develop our next generation of leaders. During this rotational program, Associates experience up to four challenging six-month rotations in a specific track or career path, in this case, Investment Management Operations, before joining a permanent team. Associates will have the unique opportunity to rotate through many areas of the business gaining exposure and visibility across the firm, while benefiting from formalized training and mentorship
Each rotation will require you to learn a new or expand an existing skill set and knowledge base, and/or complete a project that is critical to the success of the group, department or firm. During the program, you will be matched with two mentors who will help with your assimilation into the firm and provide career advice. Upon successful completion of each rotation, you will have the opportunity to present to a committee of senior Operations & Technology executives. Throughout the program, Associates will meet with program leaders to review available career paths and work together to determine their next opportunity (based on the firm’s needs and the Associates’ interests).
The Technology and Operations Associate Program will provide you a network of current TOP associates and those who have already graduated from the program. You will work closely with the TOP Associate Program Manager and Coordinator during the entire duration of your rotational program. They will provide you the support you need to have the best experience possible.
Business Analyst Rotations at AllianceBernstein
Technologists are behind every strategic decision and investment at AllianceBernstein, working closely with our business leaders to enable new and ever-evolving investment strategies, markets, and processes. Business Analysts play a key role by acting as the ‘face of technology’ to the business. As the liaison between business users and technical teams, a Business Analyst translates business needs into technical requirements, manages cross-functional projects and stakeholder communication, and provides training to the users as needed.
Business Analyst Associates are assigned to a variety of teams supporting institutional investors, research analysts, portfolio managers, client relationship managers, traders, wholesalers, and more. Working closely with Senior Business Analysts and Project Managers, you will learn key business processes, learn about AllianceBernstein ‘s products and services, and develop an understanding of the inner workings of how an investment management firm is powered by technology.
Real Examples of Business Analyst Associate rotations:
· Streamlining and simplifying the Equities Trading Order Management process
· Applying statistical and machine learning techniques to predict future sales and stock prices
· Re-designing aspects of the Bernstein Research Report
· Developing an automated tool to onboard new Hedge Funds more efficiently and accurately
Candidates should be top academic performers, be interested in a career in Investment Management Operations, and meet the following criteria:
· December 2021 or May/June 2022 Bachelor’s degree candidates in Economics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics or related fields
· Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
· Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Keen interest in project management, particularly with the scoping of projects, capturing and documenting requirements, and defining use cases, user interfaces, and testing scenarios
· Experience with SQL and/or other programming languages is a plus
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
Besides the best corporate culture in the industry:
· TOP Associates participate in the rotation selection process!
· First-hand training and experience with innovative technologies through our apprenticeship model
· Extensive technical and business training opportunities
· Engage with senior leaders through networking events, coffee chats and lunch & learn sessions
· Formal mentorship program
· Tuition reimbursement for CFA, MBA and more!
· 1 on 1 career planning and development sessions
· Opportunity to join multiple Employee Resource and Wellness Groups to connect you with colleagues across the firm
As a leading global investment management firm, AB fosters diverse perspectives and embraces innovation to help our clients navigate the uncertainty of capital markets. Through high-quality research and diversified investment services, we serve institutions, individuals and private wealth clients in major markets worldwide. Our ambition is simple: to be our clients’ most valued asset-management partner.
With over 3,700 employees across 51 locations in 25 countries, our people are our advantage. We foster a culture of intellectual curiosity and collaboration to create an environment where everyone can thrive and do their best work. Whether you’re producing thought-provoking research, identifying compelling investment opportunities, infusing new technologies into our business or providing thoughtful advice to clients, we’re looking for unique voices to help lead us forward. If you’re ready to challenge your limits and build your future, join us.
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.
A LOOK AHEAD
In The First Week, Expect To:
· Onboard to the firm with other TOP associates
· Connect with your project manager and team
· Connect with the TOP program
In The First Month, Expect To:
· Integrate into your first project
· Connect with your mentors
· Check-in with your TOP Manager & Coordinator
· Meet the Head of the Technology and Operations department and Chief Operating Officer
· Attend programming events hosted by Human Capitol and the TOP Associate program
In The First Three Months, Expect To:
· Opportunity to participate in networking events
· Ability to join multiple Employee Resource and Wellness Groups
· Learn new skills
· Feel settled in with the firm and your first project
In The First Six Months, Expect To:
· Conclude your first rotation
· Present your project to senior executives
· Communicate your feedback and share interest for your next rotation with the TOP Manager and Coordinator
· Receive your next rotation assignment
total views = int(95)