Infrastructure Engineering Summer Intern
We established the Technology & Operations Program (TOP) in 2000 to develop our next generation of leaders. As a summer intern, you will work closely with a team and support them in various aspects of their work, including projects with the potential for significant business impact. This is a 10-week internship for college juniors and first-year master students. Interns with excellent performance can receive a full-time offer at the end of the internship!
Your project will require you to learn a new or expand an existing skill set and knowledge base, and/or complete a project that is critical to the success of the group, department or firm. During the program, you will be matched with two mentors who will help with your assimilation into the firm and provide career advice. Upon successful completion of your internship project, you will have the opportunity to present to a committee of senior Operations & Technology executives. Throughout the program, Interns will meet with program leaders to review available career paths and opportunities.
The Technology and Operations Associate Program will provide you a network of current TOP associates and those who have already graduated from the program. You will work closely with the TOP Associate Program Manager and Coordinator during the duration of your internship program. They will provide you the support you need to have the best experience possible.
You will be gathering requirements and then designing and implementing the tools in collaboration with teams from GETS, as well as from development and other business areas. Infrastructure Engineering Interns will learn by working closely with his/her project manager, mentor, independent study, and team members.
The Global Enterprise Technology Services (GETS) area of IT controls all infrastructure functions that sustain the firm’s technology backbone, supporting our monitoring and integration activities, as well as the wide range of networks, tools, and systems used by our employees. Infrastructure engineering focuses more on delivering technical solutions to all the businesses in the firm.
The specific discipline in GETS are information security management, storage management, server and desktop technology, internet services, database management, messaging, networking (internal and external), and the various engineering platforms (UNIX, Linux, Windows). The Infrastructure Engineering Intern will be assigned to one of the teams supporting these key activities.
You will be gathering requirements and then designing and implementing the tools in collaboration with teams from GETS, as well as from development and other business areas. Infrastructure Engineering Interns will learn by working closely within the team.
Potential Internship teams include, but are not limited to:
· Cyber Security Unit (CSU)
· Server and Desktop Technology
· Application/Web Hosting
· Database Management
· Messaging & Mobile Services
· Desktop Engineering
· Platform Engineering
We’re looking for candidates who demonstrate academic excellence, innovation, leadership potential, technical ability and a passion for learning our business. Candidates will possess the following qualifications:
· December 2022 or May/June 2023 bachelor’s or master’s degree candidates in Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security or related fields
· Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
· Experience and interest in working with sophisticated technology including Linux, UNIX, DBMS (Oracle, MS SQL or Sybase), Networking, and/or Mobile Computing
· Strong quantitative, analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
· Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced team-oriented environment
· Candidates must be available to work full- time for 10-weeks full-time beginning in June 2022
· The potential to receive an offer for our full-time program at the end of your internship!
· Highly competitive salary
· First-hand training and experience with innovative technologies through our apprenticeship model
· Extensive technical and business training opportunities
· Engage with senior leaders through networking events, coffee chats and lunch & learn sessions
· Formal mentorship program
· 1 on 1 career planning and development sessions
· Opportunity to join multiple employee resource and wellness groups to connect you with colleagues across the firm
As a leading global investment management firm, AB fosters diverse perspectives and embraces innovation to help our clients navigate the uncertainty of capital markets. Through high-quality research and diversified investment services, we serve institutions, individuals and private wealth clients in major markets worldwide. Our ambition is simple: to be our clients’ most valued asset-management partner.
With over 3,700 employees across 51 locations in 25 countries, our people are our advantage. We foster a culture of intellectual curiosity and collaboration to create an environment where everyone can thrive and do their best work. Whether you’re producing thought-provoking research, identifying compelling investment opportunities, infusing new technologies into our business or providing thoughtful advice to clients, we’re looking for unique voices to help lead us forward. If you’re ready to challenge your limits and build your future, join us.
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.