tl;dr: We are looking for a contract social media person to help us grow Merit 🙂
- Merit is a platform for impactful career conversations. We connect tech talent to senior leaders over 1:1 video. We have helped 2.5K+ product managers, designers, and engineers grow their craft and career. Our community is 70%+ people of color and 60%+ women and is growing 25% month over month.
- Merit is founded by Randy Brown and Kirk Fernandes. Randy built the first diversity & inclusion recruiting platform at Jopwell, and Kirk has worked as a product manager, designer & engineer at Microsoft and Hightower (merged with VTS).
⏰ The role
The day responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Work collaboratively with the founders to design and implement campaigns to get new users
- Post interesting content on social media that show the value of Merit and allows us to dive deeper into our community (i.e learners & leaders)
- Write blog posts/stories about Merit, including interviewing existing members and sharing their stories
- Generate and iterate on highly shareable content to drive new users to Merit
- Monitor metrics for measuring our growth. Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns and initiatives
- Identify content opportunities, be on the pulse of the tech conversation and find opportunities to make our media channels stand out
- Engage with social media followers – jumping in when questions arise.
- Build relationships with leaders of communities (i.e Women in Product, dev/color, etc.) to discover partnerships that benefit Merit users and their audiences alike
✨ The ideal candidate
You are someone who is:
- Fluent with social media (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, TikTok)
- Currently studying or recently graduated, hoping to work in tech/startups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has a passion and interest in tech and startups
- Collaborative, creative, and accountable
- Bonus points: Experience with media or public relations
📜 About the contract
- This contract is 20 hrs/week for 12 weeks
- Compensation is $20/hour + equity
- The role is remote, the founders work in NYC [EST]
🤔 Interested? Here is our process
- 📩 Email email@example.com subject: Merit <> Social Media. Attach any relevant docs or links (resume, CV, portfolios, social media, etc.) Tell us a bit about you and what you are looking for in a contract role.
- 💬 Let’s chat (30 ms) If we think there is a good fit we’ll reach out for a video call to dig into your experience and goals and you can ask us questions.
- ✍🏽 Small project (1-3 hours) You’ll be given a brief and you will have to design a campaign around it
- 🎉 Decision We will let you know within a week of the project if it’s a mutual fit and share offer details.
total views = int(85)