WMG’s top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Warner Music U Rep Fall 2022, Content Creator
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music U (WMU) is the branch of Warner Music Group focused around developing artists. Our content and experiences are generated by young creatives, all with the intention of creating lifelong fans for our artists and labels. Reps receive hands on experience in the music industry, working directly with full time employees and artists from WMG label partners including but not limited to Atlantic Records, Warner Records, 300 Entertainment, Asylum Records, ADA, and Warner Nashville. Reps work part time, up to 18 hours a week, and can receive credit if necessary.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Music U is now hiring young music junkies with a passion for content creation, videography, photography, graphic design, and editing to join our team for the Fall 2022 Semester as paid reps!
- Obsessed with music. And we don’t mean one or two genres.
- You’re someone who can find a favorite song or artist in any genre. You’re a great storyteller and have a creative mind that can envision the final piece from the initial concept discussion.
- You live for creating video content – your camera is always with you and you’re constantly posting edited pieces to your socials, YouTube channel and/or website.
- Generating views for your content is your number one goal and you know how to do it authentically.
- The challenge of creating engaging content for relatively unknown developing artists excites you.
- A self-starter excited about the idea of running projects without direct supervision.
- Active user on socials, especially TikTok.
- Willing to use your personal socials to create awareness and generate views for priority artists (regardless of genre) and brand partnerships.
If this is you, we need to meet!
As a WMU Rep – Content Creator you’ll get to:
You will be responsible for editing raw footage collected from WMU events and activations taking place across the country into professional and cohesive pieces to be shared through various WMG and Warner Music U channels. In addition, you will create content pieces of your own promoting new releases, tour announcements, merch, playlists, and upcoming events adding your own creative spin and style. You may also attend shows and photograph WMG artists performing in your market.
Share Your Expertise
Share your ideas and input in collaboration meetings with the full team to help them collect the best footage/content for final pieces. Create shot lists and concepts for nationwide events and moments to maintain continuity, and share best practices for collecting video/audio for an event (what to ask a hired videographer, what equipment to use, which way to hold a phone camera, etc.)
Work with and coordinate content pieces and activations both when an artist is in your market and virtually. Occasionally work directly with artists to help capture their creative vision when editing a final piece.
Expand Your Network
Correspond with various departments and employees at Warner Music Group through the editing and revision process. Connect and collaborate with your fellow reps through weekly meetings and coordinated moments.
Be the Eyes and Ears of WMG
Provide insights on the latest trends and music popular in your market.
Requirements of Warner Music U Reps:
- HUGE passion for music, pop culture, and social media.
- Open to individuals enrolled in a 2- or 4-year university with at least two semesters remaining before graduation, high school juniors and seniors, as well as non-students.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (ex. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut).
- Experience with professional grade cameras. Audio equipment and software experience a plus!
- A public Instagram and TikTok profile (include both handles on your resume).
- Professional attitude with great time management and organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced role.
- Great attention to detail.
- Work well remotely/independently without direct supervision.
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio or social media presence (include links on resume)
- Understanding of social media platforms (especially TikTok and Instagram) and content that performs best on each platform.
- Able to work up to 18 hours a week.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Previous freelance or internship experience creating content for a team or brand ambassador experience
- Previous marketing and/or music internship experience
total views = int(87)