Website Delta Airlines
HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
The Airport Customer Service (ACS) Ground Safety team provides strategic and tactical support for the ACS, Cargo, and GSE organizations with the intent of reducing risk, occupational injuries, aircraft damages and enhancing security by delivering programs, policies, technology and promoting positive safety recognition.
Data has transformed the way Delta operates. The Analytics Leader – Ground Safety will be asked to work closely with safety, security, compliance, OAP, CSSC, and front line leaders to develop creative solutions to current business challenges leveraging data and analytics to drive continuous improvement efforts. This positions mission is to leverage data from operational data sources to develop analysis and statistical models that drive actionable insight for the business.
This role specifically supports the Airport Customer Service (ACS) Division, which has ownership of all activities at the airport from check-in, to baggage handling, and boarding the aircraft. We are looking for data curious candidates that seek to understand process and can connect with our business partners to leverage data and drive improvement.
The Analytics Leader will:
• Locate and extract data from a variety of sources for use in analysis
• Work with the business unit for KPI creation and goal setting
• Analyze safety, security and risk data to develop actionable insights to drive employee and/or customer behavior
• Support process improvement and project management engagements for both individual business units and cross-divisional initiatives
• Present findings to all levels of leadership
• Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
o Team first attitude with the success of our team and business partners as their top priority
o Be intellectually curious, ask questions and speak up when they have an idea
o Be “Do-ers” and are not afraid of failure, but instead learn from each experience and improve
o Be independent workers who look for problems to solve and then come up with innovative ideas
o Make things happen without frequent management direction and know when to communicate status or escalate issues to their manager, teammates or stakeholders
o Enjoy working in a high-profile environment with fluid priorities, ambiguity and aggressive deadlines
o Some travel and non-standard work hours may be required
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
• High school diploma, GED or High School Equivalency.
• Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
• Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
• Successful candidates will have familiarity and/or experience with some or all of the following: SQL, SAS, R, Tableau, Python, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must be comfortable working in group and individual settings
• 3+ years of experience in analysis, information science, data visualization, or other relevant quantitative field required
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science, Business/Management, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, Industrial Hygiene or other relevant quantitative field required
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
• 5 years of experience in analysis, information science, data visualization, or other relevant quantitative field required
total views = int(61)