Website Delta Airlines
HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
Delta Air Lines has an opportunity for an IT Advisory Developer to work in its z/TPF software application development system used extensively in the travel industry. The IBM z/TPF operating system is ideal for handling the dynamic, fast paced airline environment and it serves as Delta’s central passenger service system. Your skills in leading both tactical and strategic technical design, architectural direction, Proof of Concept studies, tool strategy and implementation, and working closely with IT and business colleagues will contribute to the enablement of industry leading technology solutions for Delta.
• Assist and advise project teams on project design options
• Assist and advise project teams and TPF team on strategic architectural standards and direction
• Assist and advise application development teams on adoption of latest enhancements of z/TPF operating system.
• Oversee both high level and detailed technical design reviews
• Consult with other Delta technology groups, Enterprise Architecture, Travelport and IBM to ensure project and product integrity
• Keep abreast of industry trends through benchmarking, participation in professional associations, etc in order to lead strategic business direction
• Lead creation of processes, tools, and monitoring to proactively identify potential system issues
• Lead or assist in certifications of new or revised products or tools
• Provide leadership in communicating and exhibiting leadership vision/strategy
• Communicate and champion Delta’s values
• Investigate, troubleshoot and correct system problems as needed
• Revise, test, and implement software as needed
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
• High School Diploma, GED, or High School Equivalency
• Embraces Diverse People, thinking and styles.
• Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in software application development
• At least 5 years experience in z/TPF application development, including experience with z/TPF REST Support, Java on TPF, z/TPF Business Events
• At least 5 years experience in distributed application development (C/C++/Java/web development)
• Strong leadership ability with a track record of leading project teams and achieving challenging objectives
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field is preferred.
• 10-15 years of Software Development experience and/or architecture is preferred.
• Development experience on AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud is a plus
• Airline industry knowledge is a plus
• Have experience working with diverse teams located in various countries
• Highly motivated and keen to work in a fast-paced organization
• Have a proven history of building consensus and driving results across teams and organizations
total views = int(88)