Website Delta Airlines
HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
The Delta Material Services Account Manager-Sales will be responsible for achieving annual financial targets for each assigned account and for the region. This includes assisting in the development of the strategy and objectives for each account, executing the strategies, monitoring and reporting results and implementing corrective actions. The Account Manager will develop and pursue sales opportunities as well as monitoring and providing guidance for the acquisition efforts pursued by teammates in Delta Material Services.
This position is based in Atlanta and will report to the Regional Sales Director.
Primary functions include but are not limited to:
• Producing and maintaining a strategic account plan for each assigned account.
• Monitoring actual performance against the strategic account plan and recommending and overseeing implementation of corrective actions.
• Developing accounts for sustained and repeatable transactional execution.
• Monitoring incoming requests and web-based quotes and developing cold call campaigns to sell owned inventory.
•Identifying and coordinating material purchase opportunities from assigned accounts.
• Maintaining knowledge of customer requirements and plans as well as competitor actions and market trends and translating this information into the strategic account plan.
• Leading and participating in projects to improve the sales process and customer experience.
• Using Salesforce.com extensively as the account management tool to manage deal pipeline, record contact information and communications, and to report progress versus goals.
• Monitoring Delta Material Services performance in the eyes of customer and acting on issues to improve accuracy, consistency and professionalism of every customer interaction.
• Supporting tactical part sales activity and other service sales efforts by providing access to key focal points, facilitating account communications and providing insight regarding customer.
• Performing other duties as assigned by the Regional Sales Director, including providing back-up to other Delta Material Services sales team members during their absences.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience; preferably sales experience in aviation.
• Must excel in transactional account management and relationship management.
• Must possess product knowledge and a general knowledge of repair economics.
• Strong business acumen including problem solving, data analysis and supply chain management.
Embrace diverse people, thinking and styles
Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
• Excellent presentation skills and proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Must demonstrate organization values of integrity, respect, innovation, teamwork, professionalism and continuous improvement.
• Ability to research and resolve technical questions relative to aircraft components.
• Understanding of the OEMs and key industry business providers.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to develop a strategic account plan.
• Doer with the ability and desire to implement effective sales tactics.
• Driven to achieve financial results.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
total views = int(55)