Cuna Mutual Group
Built on the strength of CUNA Mutual Group, we leverage nearly 80 years stability, expertise, and credit union experience to take a member-focused approach to all that we do. We know that what we do matters, and our passion lies in ensuring the people we serve have the opportunity and access to protect what matters most in their lives.
An internship with the Consumer Experience Group offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast- growing organization.
Led by an engaged senior leadership team with a clear and exciting vision for the future, we understand the impact of consumer analytics. Recognized as one of Madison’s Best
Workplaces, CUNA Mutual Group is a place where you’re expected to be yourself, do what’s right, and build on your strengths to help create a brighter future for those we serve and each other.
The Consumer Experience Group looking for a Creative Services Design Intern within the Creative
The ideal design intern candidate will be instrumental in creating visual concepts and hands on
production to support creative projects. A successful candidate will have a creative viewpoint,
production experience, and has a genuine understanding and passion for the visual medium. Candidates
will be flexible, adaptable, and willing to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments.
Interns may work within Direct Mail, Digital, Brand and Social Media consumer touch points. The role is
very “hands-on” and continuously busy with multiple projects and will collaborate on projects with the
Design Intern Job Responsibilities
The Creative Services Design Intern will participate as an active member of our Consumer Experience
Team and will be exposed to all aspects of creative, including direct mail, product marketing
development, and digital in a business environment. The intern will actively contribute to cross-
functional projects and will also plan and execute individual value-added projects throughout the
summer supporting CUNA Mutual Enterprise. Additional responsibilities will be developed in
conjunction with the intern’s interests, skills, and desired learning areas.
The Consumer Experience Creative Internship encompasses opportunities to network with Media,
Market Research, Customer Experience, Digital, and Creative Development teams in various consumer
The design intern could be involved in the following activities:
• Assist Creative Services Director or Creative Managers with tasks such as technical page
production, editing photos, in-house designs, creating powerpoint presentations and other
special creative projects.
• Provide support in the development and production of digital and direct mail creative tactics.
• Leading projects assigned by Creative Manager
• Handle various assignments which may include, page production, directed updates, and design
based off of a creative brief
• Aid in proofreading, organization, coordination, and delivery of project collateral
• Report on successes and challenges of completed projects and understand next steps
• Communicates clearly and effectively with team members, writers, and production partners to
achieve project objectives.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver collateral upon request and participate in
discussions that inform decision making
• Learn how Creative uses results from previous marketing initiatives and tests to provide
recommendations on future creative development
Design Intern Job Requirements
Successful candidates should have the following knowledge, skills and capabilities:
• Pursuing an Associates, a bachelor’s degree (Major) or MFA (Emphasis) in creative fields of
Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or Media Design or similar certificates or similar work experience.
• Hands on project experience with Adobe Design Suite – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Power Point, Word, Workfront or other project management software a plus
• Enthusiastic and positive team outlook and ability to work independently with direction.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and effective project management skills with the ability to
work productively to meet competing priorities and set deadlines
• Ability to collaborate with others in finding creative approaches.
• Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation.
Hands on experience can set you apart in a competitive job market. Our formalized Internship Program
is designed to lead participants with college-level education or similar training or experience down the
path to a successful career. As an integral part of high-performance teams, you are in a position where
you can apply what you have learned in the classroom, similar training/certification or work experience
while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. You will focus on meaningful, project-driven
work that has a direct impact for our customers and be competitively paid. Our Interns also build their
social and professional networks, both within and beyond their work areas.
CUNA Mutual Group is a great workplace that allows you to challenge yourself, grow and develop, and
Employees are dedicated to a strict code of values that drive how we do business.
total views = int(25)