Website Alliance Bernstein
AllianceBernstein Holding L.P. is a global asset management firm providing investment management and research services worldwide to institutional, high-net-worth and retail investors.
Portfolio Implementation Intern
We are seeking talented, highly motivated undergraduate students who have demonstrated significant academic achievement, intellectual curiosity and an interest in financial services. This program is designed to provide a select group of students with first-hand exposure to careers in asset management, investment research and financial services.
The Portfolio Management Group (“PMG”) is responsible for portfolio implementation and supports the global portfolio management teams by implementing portfolio decisions and serving as the contact point with the trading desks, operations and sales teams.
Interns will play a key role to provide support in all aspects of the business. Specific responsibilities and activities may include:
· Project-based initiatives related to process improvement and portfolio strategies
· Data Analysis
· Partnering with team members to best support the goals of the group
· Interacting and networking with professionals throughout the firm to fuel career success
Candidates should be top academic performers, be interested in the investment management industry and meet the following criteria:
· May or June 2022 Bachelor’s degree candidates in business, finance, economics, math, computer science, engineering, or liberal arts
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
· Must not require sponsorship now or in the future
· An interest in the financial markets, industry regulations and portfolio management
· Detail-oriented with strong quantitative and analytical skills that can be leveraged to evaluate portfolios
· The ability to prioritize, multitask and work effectively with a team in a deadline-driven environment
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with teams throughout the organization
· An ability to think holistically, understand end-to-end processes and reconsider the status quo
· A proactive and inquisitive approach toward new challenges and problem-solving
· Candidates must be available to work full-time from June to August.
· It is not permissible to simultaneously take academic classes or hold other employment that will conflict with the internship schedule.
· Selected candidates will need to successfully complete a thorough background check
Location: Nashville, TN
Candidates will be placed in one of the following groups:
Equity Portfolio Management Group
Equity PMG will allow the intern to gain exposure as to how investment managers get their equity, currency and derivative investment ideas implemented. The intern will work on day to day tasks as well as project work to improve the effectiveness of portfolio management techniques and to experience how both quantitative and fundamental research is used in the context of managing equity mandates.
Private Client Portfolio Management Group
Private Client PMG supports the implementation of our private client accounts. The associate will gain an understanding of private wealth management and the customization we provide our clients to meet their financial goals such as tax aware investing and wealth planning.
As a leading global investment management firm, AB fosters diverse perspectives and embraces innovation to help our clients navigate the uncertainty of capital markets. Through high-quality research and diversified investment services, we serve institutions, individuals and private wealth clients in major markets worldwide. Our ambition is simple: to be our clients’ most valued asset-management partner.
With over 3,700 employees across 51 locations in 25 countries, our people are our advantage. We foster a culture of intellectual curiosity and collaboration to create an environment where everyone can thrive and do their best work. Whether you’re producing thought-provoking research, identifying compelling investment opportunities, infusing new technologies into our business or providing thoughtful advice to clients, we’re looking for unique voices to help lead us forward. If you’re ready to challenge your limits and build your future, join us.
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.
total views = int(99)