Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Albemarle is seeking an Operations Engineer for our facility in Pasadena, TX.
The operations engineer’s primary responsibility is monitoring unit performance and providing technical support for area production units. The engineer will help ensure the production units operate safely, operate in compliance with environmental regulations/permits, meet quality specifications, achieve production targets, and operate efficiently.
- Provide support to achieve unit safety, environmental, quality, production, and cost goals.
- Monitor and optimize production quality, rates, and yields. Strive to improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Provide technical support and solutions for unit production.
- Review of production status, plans, and data analytics with operators, foremen, area engineers.
- Use multiple tools available to troubleshoot complex issues in the unit including process data, engineering calculations, and statistics.
- Develop and implement key unit improvement projects focused on safety, environmental, quality, cost improvement, or productivity.
- Provide operations review/support of capital projects in the assigned production units.
- Support start-up and commissioning efforts, as assigned, on larger projects.
- Initiate or review management of change documentation for changes in the unit.
- Support investigations and root cause analysis of unplanned events. Develop/implement preventative and corrective actions.
- Participate in site audits, process hazard analysis, etc… as needed and follow up on action items.
- Represent operations department as needed to achieve key multi-department plant goals.
- Research unit capabilities for future business opportunities and product specification determination.
- Support accounting of material inventories and transfers on site.
- Provide on call support for area production units one weekend per month.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a chemical manufacturing plant.
- Solid academic background and work history.
- Practical knowledge concerning design and operation of common process equipment such as pumps, blowers, heat exchangers, piping, etc.
- Basic instrumentation knowledge (e.g. level, flow, pressure, etc.)
- Desire to work in an operating unit on a day to day issues and identify / solve long term problems.
- Proven record of working with production operators, foremen, maintenance technicians, etc.
- Excellent software and computer skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and goals.
- Self-Driven and goal oriented. Encourages teamwork.
- Batch operations experience.
- Experience in start-up and commissioning of new equipment.
- Basic process control knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of Distributed Control Systems.
- Direct manufacturing experience.
- Experience working with hazardous chemicals managed by OSHA PSM standards.
- Experience in advanced statistical process control software such as Northwest Analytics.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
total views = int(23)