Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Albemarle Corporation is seeking a Research & Technology Engineer to work within the Bromine Process Technology group at our Magnolia, Arkansas facility. The Process Technology group develops and executes projects to materially improve existing processes; leads troubleshooting for any major process issues with existing processes and participates in the introduction of new products.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Collaborate with chemists and other engineers/scientists to scale up processes from bench to pilot to commercial scale and to select the optimal process technology for each process step.
- Analyze existing process problems and define robust and innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to develop scope packages for new product commercialization, large debottlenecking efforts, increases in plant capacity, major operability improvements, improvements in plant HS&E performance, etc.
- Participate in the commissioning and startup team for new project installations.
- Participate in troubleshooting of significant process issues as needed.
- Actively contribute to the innovation and ideation process through the development and justification of new project proposals.
- Providing technical support to specific manufacturing areas.
- Report writing, presentations, project management, and potentially leadership responsibilities.
- Continual development of your professional skillset.
- Willingness to periodically travel for domestic and international project assignments.
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering with 0-2 years’ experience or BS in Chemical Engineering with 5 years’ experience.
- Strong safety mindset.
- Strong command of chemical engineering fundamentals.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Initiative, creativity, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written, verbal, computer, and interpersonal skills.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
total views = int(23)