Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Albemarle Corporation is a leading global developer, manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered specialty chemicals. The Contract Manager is to identify contract service provider for large capital/sustaining projects to ensure service contract management is synergy leveraged, legally compliant and meet the commercial needs of Albemarle and its key stakeholders. This position is responsible to lead capital project service contracting management. The role will have responsibility ensure project service contracting strategy and working plan is fully aligned with stakeholders in the specific project. The role should fully capture project nature and priorities, scope/ schedule/cost requirement, key objectives, align with high-level procurement and contracting management strategies, plans to agreed-upon project success factors and incorporate asset lifecycle management considerations.
Governance and optimal execution of capital services and investments are consistent with global capital procurement strategies and procedures, depending on market conditions and project timing. Responsible for performing daily project contract management following project strategy and working plan.
Compliance with reginal and global capital procurement/contract procedure, policy, working process and reporting requirement.
Monitor and drive project service activities on schedule and fully comply with project requirement. Identify project service contract risk and work with management for mitigation.
- Organize to align reginal contracting sourcing strategy, package awarding strategy.
- Organize qualification of local service contractors, ensure sufficient service contractor pool for capital project execution and competitive bidding.
- Develop project contract status report with activities plan and forecast breakdown, work and drive the contracting management in comply with the working plan. Raise concern for deviation and risk, work out mitigation and alignment with project stakeholders.
- Track contracting progress, completeness and traceability of related documents.
- Collaborate with stakeholders ensure Sanction Screen Check for service contract bidder is well performed.
- Ensure confidentiality agreement in place before bidding activities.
- Organize single source justification if a single source request is raised from stakeholders, review, challenge and get aligned considering the specific project nature.
- Compile ITB documents, ensure issue to the market to the bidders from the approved bidder list on project schedule plan.
- Perform service contract bidding and guarantee the bidding process is compliance with ALB’s bidding procedure.
- Organize pre-bid meetings.
- Organize technical and commercial clarification meetings.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to review, evaluate on service contract proposal.
- Price review and negotiation.
- Monitor and service contractor’s performance.
- Prepare LOA.
- Prepare and finalize service contracts with alignment with stakeholders.
- Supervise project execution team to organize and coordinate of all contracts’ related issues with contractors, project stakeholders and authorities for projects.
- Supervise of project contract execution adhering to schedule, budget, quality requirement, environment, safety & corporate compliance regulations, the global procurement procedures and local regulatory standards as well as other internal process standards.
- Supervise the execution of contracts or subcontracts to minimize risk to the company.
- Resolving contract disputes.
- Regular develop project contract report.
- Conducts regular reviews with Management & Legal on the heath of contractual relationships and risks for commercial claims
- Complies and enforces change management procedures in the contracts administration function.
- Review new and existing contracts, to ensure currency and terms and conditions are appropriate to meet business operating needs.
- Supervise to ensure that relevant SAP orders are in place and adequately cover existing work.
- Supervise and ensure creation of the necessary system and systematically record and monitor for each contract the required milestones, tasks, deliverables, obligations, and events
- Where required for the required notices to be drafted for Company’s rights and obligations in Contract or at Law to be protected and executed
- Review Project Contract Valuation reports for the business and projects (including current financial status, forecast to complete, variance analysis etc.)
- Ensuring that required deviations of the prescribed rules are approved internally and audit-proof documented.
- Performs adequate commercial management of EPCm/EPC/Detail Design contractor’s bidding and contract.
- Control procurement cost, schedule and service quality for projects execution, collaborate with category management team to ensure the contracting management are fully aligned with global category management strategy.
- Manage payment process according to payment terms in contracts.
- Align key service contracting decisions with project stakeholders and regional procurement management.
- Support SAP PO implementation.
- Perform project contract close out, capture lessons learned, provide feedback of performance of contractors after project completion, proper handover of the Life Cycle Asset Maintenance Data, from project team over to Operations/Maintenance team.
- Other service contract management issues.
- Experience at working in collaborative environment is essential
- Good in stakeholders’ management and communication
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and Customer Service skills
- High-performance individual
- Full process contract management experience in capital projects in the region
- Continuous improvement and learning mindset
- Expert knowledge of commercial contract law and management principles
- Rich negotiation experience and strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated maturity and increased responsibilities over career
- Adaptable, flexible, persuasive, encouraging
- Ability to travel
- Experience with claims and arbitrations a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering
- 5 years+ large and sustaining capital service contract planning and execution in heavy industrial applications (chemical/specialty chemicals, mining, oil and gas, etc.) service categories (contractors and consultants including EPC/EPCM scenarios) in the region
- Familiar with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ariba and SAP experience is a plus
- English – Proficient to conduct external and internal business.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
total views = int(27)