Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
- Key technical resource for the area
- Responsible for raw material utilizations, production rates, and factory costs, and product quality.
- Manage all PSM systems (MOCs, Incident Reporting, P&IDs, Procedures, PHAs) to ensure compliance.
- Serve as backup to the Area Superintendent and Area Supervisor.
- Strong technical abilities.
- Good familiarity of Site and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide informal training/guidance of unit operators, Shift Supervisor, and Area Supervisors.
Accountabilities— provide leadership to:
- Monitor technical performance of the area.
- Resolve technical issues to reach safety, production, and quality targets.
- Ensure all PSM obligations are fulfilled.
- Foster strong cooperation between TR, Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations personnel.
- Provide backup/support to Superintendent and Area Supervisor when needed.
- Provide coaching for Operators and Shift Supervisors.
- Report of compliance data with environmental reporting.
- Cost effectiveness.
- Actively support the company’s safety, environmental, and quality programs to ensure continuous improvement.
- Monitor, interpret and act upon technical parameters.
- Own OEE and raw material utilizations and work in self-directed manner to gain continuous improvement.
- Ensure MOCs proceed through the system in a timely manner.
- Ensure P&IDs are up-to-date.
- Ensure operating procedures are complete and up-to-date.
- Lead RCFA for area issues.
- Ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Provide technical support towards resolution of process upsets.
- Lead design/implementation of area <$50M capital projects.
- Ensure incident reports are complete with appropriate root causes and corrective actions.
- B.S. or higher degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 3 to 10 years of experience in manufacturing facility. (Chemical Industry desirable)
- Direct experience working in plant operations that run 24/7, 365.
- Working understanding of OSHA (lock out tag out, energy isolation, etc.) and EPA regulations.
- Proven leadership competence with people management experience.
- Good time management, organizational skills, problem solving, project management and decision making skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Batch and continuous operations experience.
- Experience in start-up and commissioning of new equipment.
- Basic process control knowledge – loop tuning.
- Basic knowledge of Distributed Control Systems.
- Direct manufacturing experience.
- Experience in advanced statistical software for SPC such as Minitab.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
total views = int(15)