Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The Senior Contracts Negotiator, Specialties will be an important part of the Albemarle legal team at a dynamic and fast-growing specialty chemical company. This person must have a “business forward” or “speed of business” mindset to help accelerate the contract closing process while protecting the company’s interests and managing risk through contracts.
- Senior Contracts Negotiator providing commercial legal support to Albemarle’s soon to be implemented Specialties Global Business Unit (Bromine and Lithium Specialties businesses) and reporting directly to the Deputy General Counsel, Specialties in the legal department.
- Recognize and understand business terms, legal concepts, and areas of risk to efficiently negotiate contracts. that appropriately manage risk to the company.
- Support and be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating sales agreements, procurement agreements, as well as non-disclosure agreements and other commercial contracts and related documentation, each with lawyer oversight, in accordance with the company’s contract review and approval processes.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the legal department and the commercial, sales, supply chain, procurement and other cross functional organizations to answer questions and resolve legal issues in support of closing contracts and to mitigate and manage contractual risk.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of standard contract templates, T&Cs, training materials, contract system workflows and contract analysis.
- Engage with a multi-functional team on regulatory and advocacy activities in support of the Specialties Global Business Unit, including development and maintenance of customer and regulatory agency presentations, white papers, and written communication materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- At least 5+ years of experience in contract drafting and negotiation
- Paralegal certificate desirable but not required
- Well organized, attention to detail, self-initiative, and the ability to work in an energetic, highly collaborative team environment
- Proactive with the ability to drive to meet deadlines, but aptitude for separating the important from the urgent
- Proficiency in contract lifecycle management systems preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, and ability to interact and build trust across all levels of our business
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
total views = int(25)