Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Transformation of our procurement organization is a top strategic priority for Albemarle, and we believe this presents unique and exciting career opportunities. The world is rapidly changing and we need to change with it to support the growth and success of our businesses. If you are a forward thinker, with the creativity and maturity to effectively challenge the status quo of our existing business and practices, this opportunity might be for you.
We are building a world class global procurement function focused around; (1) Category Management focused on driving long term sustainable value for the business (2) Procurement Operations providing exceptional support and advisement to our business unit stakeholders and (3) Data Analytics, process excellence, and technology adoption to drive and enable procurement best practices and excellent end-user experience.
The Procurement Analyst position will also enable Albemarle to have the ability to execute on a functional and geographically-dispersed basis to support the unique requirements of the indirects, directs and logistics procurement functions, and the corporation and its Global Business Units business units broadly. Reporting to the Regional Manager of Industrial Indirects, the Procurement Analyst will support the ongoing category/commodity management processes by providing targeted detailed advanced analytics and insights; market basket and negotiation preparation; value tracking and reporting; supplier performance management support; digital and data management; catalogue management; process analysis and enablement support; communication, change management and training support; and supporting other infrastructure development and continuous improvement as required.
Additional responsibilities and impact:
- Support the category managers in development of negotiation strategies and outcomes/savings and creating repositories of best practices. The Analyst will work cross-functionally with Procurement, Global Business Units including Supply Chain organizations and Center of Excellence, IT, Legal, HR and Finance stakeholders.
- Will be responsible for supporting near-term analytical needs to build, deploy, and execute category and commodity management processes, including negotiation tools. Will also support complex analytics including ad hoc analysis on complex categories, along with unpacking supplier offers.
- Assist in validation and cleanse of the spend cubes and support monthly data upload
- Facilitate regular feedback loop & manage cadence for Indirect spend data integrity, externally and internally across all regions
- Analysis of data to identify trends & perform opportunity assessmentsSupport ad hoc initiatives including but not limited to
- manage content for management updates
- cross-functional interaction with teams to support reporting initiatives
- support continuous improvement action plans
- Manage procurement reporting activities (KPI Reporting, Productivit, Monthly Compliance
- Dashboard, Managing Approval Workflows) for the end to end source to pay (S2P) process
- Participate in negotiations with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Coordinate or support RFI/RFQ/RFP projects as part of the organization’s competitive bidding strategy including vendor evaluation, selection and implementation activities
- Assure compliance with corporate procurement policy and process standardization initiatives.
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) regarding the S2P process and the Source to Pay applications
- Identify and report gaps within areas of responsibility to Category Manager in current process, standards, systems, tools and best practices that Global Procurement can support
- Work closely with Accounts Payable, vendors and internal stakeholders to assist with resolving invoice matching problems
- Perform thorough research to solve procurement, vendor, contract, invoice and payment related challenges, using the data and systems available
- Perform market research as needed using key data sources/subscriptions/market intelligence engines
- Provide reporting on procurement metrics and activities, as assigned
- Manage small projects/activities as part of larger initiatives
What We’re Looking For:
- 2 + years of procurement, analyst, or related experience is required
- Excellent data analysis skills – specifically around best practices around category/commodity management
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Interpersonal skills and ability to partner with stakeholders and multiple functional groups on projects/programs
- High learning and change agility
- Knowledge of source-to-pay lifecycle
- Effective oral and written communications
- Extensive knowledge with Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI and other advanced analytical tools; experience preferred in procurement platforms (Ariba, Coupa, Ivalua, Jaggaer, Oracle)
- Familiarity with sourcing events and savings methodologies preferred
- Experience in Procurement spend data management and sourcing/contracting tools/technology a plus
- AI/Machine Learning/RPA is a plus
- Experience with major ALB goods commodities preferred: raw materials, capital equipment and services, MRO, Energy, Packaging, Facilities Management, Corporate Services, IT, Electrical &
- Instrumentation, Pump, PVF (Pipes, Valves, Fittings), etc., global freight and logistics
- English – Proficient to conduct external and internal business
- Other languages such as Spanish/German/Chinese a plus but not required
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
total views = int(15)