People change careers at all stages of their career journey and for a range of reasons, from wanting a more flexible schedule and the ability to work from anywhere to craving new challenges and more fulfillment. Preparing for change will require some effort, but the payoff can be life-changing.
No matter what career you’re considering transitioning into, it’s important to plan carefully. We’re here to help and we can help you on your journey.
Ten resources for changing careers
- A step-by-step guide for preparing for a career change
- When to quit your job
- Reasons to leave a job and how to talk about them
- How to quit your job
- How to write a cover letter when you’re changing careers
- Career change at 30: how to build on your skills
- Career change at 40: how to move into a new stage
- Career change at 50: how to choose the next phase of your career
- Job search guide: Resources for your next career move
- 18 tips for starting a new job successfully
Popular programs for making a career change
Get job-ready with professional-level training and a credential in a high-growth field. Not sure what career is right for you? Explore your options with Coursera Career Academy.